We’ve all been there. The plumbing system you take for granted to perform the many operations of your home suddenly stops functioning. This takes on many forms, but several issues are most common. Following are the most frequent requests for assistance with plumbing in Altoona, PA. It is important to fix these problems as quickly as possible, to avoid further damage:
- Dripping faucet: Homeowners often feel this problem is too simple to call in the professionals. As a result, they live with this annoyance for months or even years. During that time, myriad gallons of water are wasted, adding unnecessary cost to the water bill. Go ahead and call the plumber. You’ll save your money and your sanity.
- Leaking pipes: This often occurs near the pipe joints. A leak can cause extensive damage not only to your plumbing, but also to the structure of your home, as well as its contents. That’s why it is important to keep an eye out for wet spots and check pipes periodically. If you see evidence of a leak, contact a plumber right away to avoid costly damage.
- Clogged drain: Yes, you can find drain cleaner on the shelves of your local grocery store or big box chain. However, these often don’t do the trick. Even if they seem to help for a while, a recurring drain issue indicates a serious clog deeper in the system or potential damage in your plumbing. Contact a plumber to thoroughly clear the pipes and ensure proper drainage.
- Running toilet: Many homeowners resort to jiggling the handle to fix this issue. This gets old fast. Plus, a running toilet is an indicator that some part of the toilet is not working properly. It’s better to get this checked out and fixed before the problem worsens. It will also save money on your water bill, since a running toilet can waste up to 200 gallons per day.
- No hot water: Unlike the drippy faucet or running toilet, this problem is rarely ignored. No one likes cold showers. If a system lacks hot water, this indicates a problem with the water heater. The pilot light may be out. The temperature setting may be too low to provide enough hot water. The water heater may be too small for the needs of the home. A professional can assess each of these issues to determine what repairs, if any, are needed.
- Leaking water heater: Leaks are another potential issue with your water heater. These often indicate rusting in the bottom of the tank. If this is the case, the tank should be replaced, as this cannot be repaired. The average lifespan of a water heater is eight to 12 years. A professional technician can inspect your water heater and let you know if repairs are needed or if it is time for a new unit.
If you are experiencing these or other issues with your plumbing in Altoona, PA, don’t hesitate to contact the professionals. If you try to ignore plumbing problems, they will only worsen and end up costing more in the long run. Save time, money and headaches by calling Caporuscio Plumbing & Heating Inc. today.
Categorised in: Plumbing in Altoona PA