We are in the final weeks of winter and soon, spring will begin. If you are concerned that your HVAC in Altoona, PA might require air conditioning repairs, now is the time to consider them before summer hits. You do not want an air conditioning breakdown in the heat of summer, and you will enjoy the peace of mind of knowing your system is in top shape. Here are repairs to consider now so you stay cool later:
- General tune-up: If you have a heat pump system, it shares functions with your air conditioning even if you used it to heat your home for the last several months. To prepare your system for the new demands that come with cooling, a tune-up is often in order. We can look it over for possible malfunctions, clean it up and replace filters. This will help you cool your home efficiently all through the summer.
- Replacing thermostats: If you spent all winter with your home heated unevenly and thermostats no longer sustaining the set temperatures, that will continue with your air conditioning. Thermostats that act up with heating will not behave differently once you start cooling. Unless you want to arrive home to an air conditioner blowing on high despite an outdoor temperature of 62 degrees, now is a good time to repair or replace thermostats. You will enjoy better indoor comfort and save money on your cooling costs.
- Bad air filters: Many customers call us with complaints of poor air quality and weird smells, only for the technician to discover air filters have not been replaced for a long time. When they start getting dirty or wearing out, that is when inefficiency and other trouble begins. You should change filters every few months, especially if you have pets. However, doing it right before summer and winter often controls many problems. This is one of the easiest and least expensive tasks that you can often do yourself. Before you panic, change the air filters first.
- No blowing power: Both furnaces and air conditioning rely on strong blowers. When they no longer keep up with your heating or cooling needs, the issue needs to be addressed quickly. This is normally an electrical or mechanical failure. Sometimes, it is linked to an ineffective thermostat. Your technician will explore all these possibilities so you enjoy a comfortable home this summer.
- Possible replacement: Your air conditioner may have so many issues that it is no longer worth a repair job. Most HVAC systems have a useful life of 20 years, and while this seems like a long time, it can go by quickly. Also, if you just bought your home, there is always a possibility the previous owners held onto their air conditioning and heating systems for several decades, making the next upgrade your responsibility. If you are paying high utility bills to run your current system and find you have more problems than solutions with it, you may need to replace it. Considering this now rather than in mid-August, with a sweltering home and failed system, is preferable.
If you require air conditioning repairs or other service for your HVAC in Altoona, PA, call Caporuscio Plumbing & Heating Inc. today to schedule an appointment.
Categorised in: HVAC