Are you ready for Jack Frost’s next visit? And more importantly, is your home? As the squirrels gather their food and the bears prepare to hibernate, are you taking the proper actions to get yourself, your home and your HVAC in Altoona, PA ready for winter? Homeowners should take their cue from these animals and take steps to insulate against the coming cold.
Properly insulated, you’ll be better prepared for winter and enjoy a host of other benefits. In fact, there are six great reasons to insulate your home:
- To save money: A lack of insulation can send your utility bills through the roof. Without good insulation in place, your home is leaking energy every day. Proper insulation will stop this waste, keeping warm air in and keeping more money in your bank account!
- To reduce noise: Could you use a little more quiet in your space? Perhaps you live next to a busy road or noisy neighbor, or maybe your media room is near the nursery. Insulation provides a buffer from outside noise as well as room-to-room noise reduction. Insulate and enjoy more peaceful surroundings.
- To feel more comfortable: Your HVAC in Altoona, PA isn’t always to blame for an uncomfortable chill in your home. If you experience uncomfortable cold spots in your house, it might be due to a lack of insulation. When properly insulated, your home will maintain more stable temperatures and offer greater comfort levels to those inside. Insulate your home, then cozy up for the winter and enjoy.
- To prep for remodeling: If you’re adding a room, new siding or new roof, this is the ideal time to insulate. Don’t install an addition without the proper insulation to make it comfortable and energy efficient. It’s also easier to complete this process while things are under construction than to try to do it later, when walls are harder to access.
- To go green: Energy-conscious homeowners should know that insulating their home is a great way to lessen the home’s effects on the environment. A well-insulated home lessens the amount of energy it uses and loses. For example, an uninsulated attic can lose about 25 percent of the home’s energy. Adding insulation to attic, basement and garage spaces can greatly reduce energy waste and create a more environmentally friendly home.
- To improve your HVAC system: Your HVAC system in Altoona, PA works hard all winter to keep your space warm. Proper insulation ensures this system doesn’t have to work harder than necessary. A well insulated home will increase the system’s longevity and reduce the number of repairs needed over the long term.
Don’t miss out on the many benefits of a well insulated home. If you suspect your home needs better insulation, take steps now to prepare for the next season. Make your home winter-ready ASAP. The experts at Caporuscio Plumbing & Heating Inc. are available to answer any additional questions you have about insulation and proper winter prep for HVAC systems in Altoona, PA. Contact us today to schedule an inspection, maintenance or consultation.