You wash your windows each spring. You vacuum your floors each week. You dust… when things get dusty. Among your checklist of chores, when should you add air duct cleaning in Altoona, PA?
This task is one that is often overlooked by homeowners. Years may go by without giving your air ducts a thought. The truth is, this might be okay. This isn’t a chore you need to add to your regular to-do list. In fact, you may never need to have this task completed. However, certain circumstances may warrant air duct cleaning in Altoona, PA:
- New home: Are you moving into a new home? Since you can’t be sure in what condition the previous owners left the air duct system, it might be advantageous to have the system cleaned. This gives you a fresh start and peace of mind that your ducts are clean.
- Multiple pets: Do the number of four-legged family members outnumber the two-legged ones in your household? If you have several pets, their furry presence can eventually create dirty ductwork. After years of shedding, they may have caused the need for air duct cleaning in Altoona, PA. Keep in mind that using a quality filter on your system can prevent this hair buildup in the ducts.
- Disaster clean-up: Have you experienced a fire or flooding? If so, it might be a good idea to clean your air ducts. On the other hand, you might need to simply replace the system entirely. Consult a professional about cleaning or replacement of your HVAC system.
- Pest infestation: Do you suspect rodents have taken up residence in your duct work? If so, it may be beneficial to have the ducts cleaned. However, this might not solve the problem. If the ductwork is worn and offers cracks or holes where rodents can enter, cleaning up their hair and droppings won’t prevent them from re-entering. You may need to repair or replace the ductwork rather than clean it.
- Allergy issues: Does anyone in your household suffer from severe allergies or asthma? Many people feel these issues are worsened by dirty air ducts. A thorough cleaning of your system may help improve the air circulation and air quality to lessen symptoms. As with pet hair, using a good filter can also offer a good solution to help prevent dust and pollen circulation.
- Peace of mind: The benefits of air duct cleaning in Altoona, PA are somewhat controversial. Some claim it can remove odors, improve air quality and provide health benefits. The Centers for Disease Control says there is currently no evidence that air duct cleaning in Altoona, PA will increase your health. However, peace of mind is worth something. If you will feel better about the condition of your system and air quality, then a thorough air duct cleaning could be a valuable investment every other year or so.
If you have additional questions about air duct cleaning in Altoona, PA or would like further advice, contact the experts at Caporuscio Plumbing & Heating Inc. We offer a full range of services to keep your HVAC system fine-tuned and running efficiently.