Even though you can’t see them since they’re behind your walls and in your ceilings, trust us when we say that your air ducts are vital for your home. They’re what keep the air circulating throughout your house and help ensure that you’re comfortable at all times.
Just like every other aspect of your home, your air ducts can get dirty, but since they’re often hidden behind drywall, they’re tricky to clean. Luckily for you, we’re here to do the dirty work! This post will teach you about the dangers of not hiring a team for duct cleaning in Altoona, PA:
- Sinus issues: Dust and debris that collects in your air ducts gets blown throughout your home every time you turn on your AC or heat. When inhaled, these nearly invisible particles can get caught in your sinuses, leading to painful infections or other complications. Prevent an infection (and an expensive trip to the doctor) by having your ducts cleaned today!
- Allergies: Constantly having a runny nose and watery eyes isn’t anyone’s idea of a good time. Anyone with allergies will have a harder time being in your home if you have dirty air ducts. All of that dust, dirt and pet dander flying through the air will cause their allergies to flare up like nothing else.
- Asthma: Though a number of factors can cause an asthma attack, a leading cause of attacks is dirty air. The dust particles we’ve mentioned above, along with mold spores, can trigger an attack, which isn’t something to be taken lightly. If anyone in your family seems to have more trouble breathing at home than anywhere else, you should seriously consider having your ducts cleaned.
- Mold: Mildew and mold thrive in cool, dark and damp environments. That’s why there’s almost no better place for them than your air ducts! If you don’t have your air ducts cleaned on a regular basis, you could be facing a serious mold problem that poses serious health risks.
- Pest infestations: Mold and mildew aren’t the only things that like living up in your air ducts—your air ducts can also be an excellent residence for rats, mice and all sorts of bugs. Unless they’re pets, you shouldn’t want any rodents running around your home! Rats and mice are known to spread disease, and they wreak havoc on wiring throughout your home. Be sure to call an exterminator to get rid of your rodent problem if you hear any critters running through your air ducts. Then, give us a call to clean those dirty ducts out!
- Nasty odors: Though it’s perhaps less severe than the points above, nobody wants to live in a smelly home. Without proper cleaning, air coming out of your vents is bound to smell sort of stale or even rotten. If you’ve noticed guests holding their noses when they’re visiting, call us to clean your ducts as soon as possible.
Don’t hire just anyone for duct cleaning in Altoona, PA—choose our experts at Caporuscio Plumbing & Heating Inc. In no time at all, we’ll have your ducts as clean as if they’d just been installed.
Categorised in: Duct Cleaning