If he isn’t already, Jack Frost will soon be nipping at your nose! Though it can be difficult to escape him when you’re outside, we believe you should always be warm and cozy while you’re in your own home. The only problem is that staying nice and warm all winter long can really drive up your energy costs. If you’d like to stay warm without breaking the bank, keep reading—this post will cover some economically efficient ways to keep warm this winter:
- Call an HVAC professional: Before you do anything else today, pick up the phone and call an HVAC technician to service your heater. A quick tune-up will ensure that your unit functions properly throughout the winter, and will help your heater run more efficiently. Additionally, a professional can help you with HVAC installation in Altoona, PA if any of your equipment needs to be replaced.
- Take advantage of the sun’s heat: Though the sun’s rays might not be as direct right now, they can still do wonders to heat your home. On sunny days, open your curtains and let the sunshine in. You’ll instantly feel the room warm up, which gives you the opportunity to turn the heat down a bit and save some money.
- Cover your windows: When the sun isn’t out, it’s vital that you keep your windows covered with heavy curtains. Even if you have dual-pane glass, your heat can slip right through your windows and cold air can come in. This raises your energy bill and makes your home less comfortable.
- Use your fireplace: Whether it’s gas, electric or wood-burning, now is the time of year to utilize your fireplace. Your fireplace can warm a considerable space, allowing you to turn down the heat for a little while as the flames roar. A fireplace is also very handy as a primary source of warmth when you’re in need of HVAC repair in Altoona, PA.
- Seal all leaks: We recommend going around your home and inspecting for any areas (like around windows and doors) that could be vulnerable to air leaking in and out. Even the smallest gaps can be a big problem for your comfort and your energy bill this winter. The good news is that you can pick up sealing supplies from the hardware store for just a few bucks.
- Buy a new HVAC system: Sometimes, the best way to save money is to spend a little money. It’s true that buying a new heater will set you back, but the amount of money you’ll save each month with an energy-efficient heater is well worth the upfront cost. Over the course of its lifespan, an energy-efficient HVAC system could save you thousands of dollars.
Whether you’re in need of a new heater or you just need HVAC repair in Altoona, PA, be sure to choose Caporuscio Plumbing & Heating Inc. We offer some of the most competitive rates in town for installation, repair and general HVAC maintenance. Call us today to get a quote or to learn more about any of our services!