A new central cooling system or unit is a big investment. It’s no small thing to buy a top-brand home AC, but it’s better to get durable, high-quality parts that will last a long time. Below, our cooling and heating service in Altoona, PA takes a look at some of the top air conditioning units for 2019 and the characteristics you will find in the best brands.
Characteristics of the best central AC brands
Deciding to buy a top-rated air conditioning unit is just one step. The next is to choose a system with some key characteristics. Here are a few traits you want to look for in air conditioner brands:
- Quality components: Like shopping for any product, you should buy the AC option with the best quality components you can afford. You’ll reap the benefits right away and spend less money on repairs in the future.
- Good value: Everyone defines a good value The key is to compare the top brands, then buy the best unit you can comfortably afford. A good value also includes the quality of components, warranties and maintenance requirements.
- Durability: The average central AC repair bill is more than $200. Durable units break down less throughout their 15- to 20-year lifespan.
- Offers warranties: The best 2019 AC brands offer general parts warranties of at least 10 years. Some offer longer or extra coverage.
Top air conditioning units of 2019
When it comes to selecting a new central air conditioner for your home or business, take into account things like the size of the space you need to cool, your budget, energy savings, the lifespan of the unit and, maybe most importantly, product recommendations from experts in the HVAC industry. Here are some reviews of the year’s top AC brands:
- Heil: Heil air conditioning units score high in all trait categories, but actually cost less than some of the other top AC brands out there. The Heil brand attracts consumers on budgets who still want a quality product and warranty. Heil components are top-of-the-line, and parts are readily available in the event that repairs are needed. Its general parts warranty is 10 years, and the unit replacement warranty is considered a no-hassle warranty.
- Goodman: Although Goodman warranties are said to not be as good as they once were, they are still among the very best in the industry. And today, Goodman brand units offer improved quality and affordability. Goodman ACs use universal parts like Copeland compressors, including the ever popular Ultratech compressor.
- Daikin: Daikin is one of the largest manufacturers of heating and cooling equipment in the world. They acquired Goodman and kept the brand, but also branded the same equipment as Daikin. In addition to producing central HVAC equipment, Daikin also makes a line of ductless mini-split air conditioners and indoor units.
For more information about the best HVAC systems on the market, feel free to contact the knowledgeable staff at Caporuscio Plumbing & Heating Inc. Reach out today to learn more or schedule routine cooling and heating service in Altoona, PA!